Shopping cart | Earrings | Bracelets | Necklaces | Other | Sale!
____________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"The Ghost of Banquo"


I'm sure we're all familiar with, or at least have heard of, Shakespeare's much loved play, Macbeth. A particular scene that I have an immense sentimental attachment to (some of you will know why!) is Act 3 Scene 4, when Banquo's ghost appears at Macbeth's banquet.

Not only does it touch on the very real themes of betrayal and ambition; Banquo's ghost is very much a manifestation of Macbeth's evil deeds, a surfacing of his conscience and a reminder of the extent to which he, in his ruthless quest for the throne, invariably lost all compassion and sanity in his conversion into a cold-hearted monster.

And with every great play comes an equally great necklace (or so I hope)! Presenting... The Ghost of Banquo.


Admittedly, it's not half as ghostly as I would have liked it to be, but I was quite pleased with the overall outcome, what with its pearlescent sheen! For Macbeth avids, do note the symbolism of 'three' that I subtly incorporated into the necklace - the three witches, the three prophecies... - all neatly captured in the three metal discs, etc.

More detail about the necklace here.

Anyway that's enough from me! Till the next update everyone!

0 comments: